Outstanding Safety in Mechanical Systems & Services
Our safety performance history is impressive. In fact, it’s one of the best in the industry. How do we do it? We come by it honestly. We owe our success to vigilance, comprehensive safety training programs, committed technicians and just plain hard work. An overview of dedication, we employ these practices that help us achieve some of the best ratings in the industry:
- Safety advisory committee – The committee meets quarterly to discuss past injuries and benchmark safety progress.
- Supervisory Field Safety Visits – Monthly job site visits are conducted both by the site foremen and an outside consulting company.
- Foreman Safety Round-table – Foremen participate in round table safety discussions and training surrounding injury prevention and investigation, injury root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Safety Manual – A comprehensive living document that provides guidance on the company’s commitment to our going safety processes.
- OSHA 10 & 30 Hour Training – All pipe and sheet metal foremen, as well as service technicians, are required to participate in these training classes.
- NFPA70 (Arc Flash) Training – Service technicians are trained and certified.
- Employee Manual – Issued to every person during orientation, this document highlights to each new employee our commitment to safety.
- General Review of Field Activity – Tool box talks are revised weekly – read, signed and returned. Additionally, each site is inspected, issues or injuries reported, causes identified and corrected. All injuries are reviewed by the supervisor and the safety committee to take corrective measures and become part of the over all safety plan.
- Incentives – Supervisors, foremen and employees are rewarded for maintaining a safe, productive work
As a result we have recently achieved an Experience Modification Rate (EMR) of .86, regarded as excellent in the industry. In addition, many of our techs are Three Rivers and OSHA 30 Hour Certified. Edwards Engineering is proud of the impressive safety record we have achieved by keeping safety at the forefront of what we do every day.