Mechanical Systems & Services in Chicago
Building on a family tradition of excellence.
Edwards Engineering is a full-service mechanical systems and services contractor. Founded in 1979 and still family-owned, we have grown to become one of the premier commercial, institutional and industrial mechanical contractors in the Chicago metro area and Northwest Indiana.
- Region 5 government contract company (GSA)
- Outstanding safety record
- LEED engineering capabilities
- Impressive project portfolio
Our clients include major hospitals, high-rise buildings, retail space, institutions and industrial businesses. They choose Edwards Engineering as their mechanical systems and services contractor because we provide the full range of solutions they need.
With our state-of-the-art 52,000 square foot facility in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, we have the capacity to fabricate pipe and sheet metal on site. This space also allows us to store prefabricated materials, making it possible to fast-track construction projects as needed. And with our exceptional in-house expertise, we can meet nearly any need – from custom HVAC projects to even the most complex mechanical systems.
Lean construction management and integrated project delivery for maximum efficiency.
We strive to always deliver the highest performing buildings with the lowest total cost of ownership to you. This is why we incorporate lean construction management principles and integrated project delivery into every project.
- Lean construction management: Edwards Engineering is a member of the Lean Construction Institute, and our talented design engineers are skilled at identifying the best tactics for optimizing resources at a reasonable cost – from pre-fabrication methods to smarter uses of technology. We understand that it’s not always about finding the lowest cost; it’s about finding the right solutions that meet your needs. We can cost-justify every design decision, offering you important confidence and peace of mind.
- Integrated project delivery: For us, project management begins during the design phase. Early in your project, we assemble a comprehensive, multi-discipline team consisting of the architect, technical consultants, general contractor and key specialty contractors. This allows us to align the team with the interests, objectives and practices governing your project, so you can be confident that everyone is working together as a group to keep your project running smoothly.
For over 35 years, our mission has remained constant: to provide you with responsive service, unparalleled workmanship and competitive pricing. With our team of experts and commitment to quality, we excel at proactively anticipating problems and developing smart, cost-effective solutions. If the job is complex and the schedule is tight, Edwards Engineering is the industrial mechanical services contractor for you.
Interested in learning more about our commercial HVAC services? Contact us today!